Thursday, September 7, 2017

EBN A Book with Magic: The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill

I am only on my second entry for the night and I am already starting to loose steam. These are going to be short, or probably just completely incomprehensible.

This was such a sweet book. There were quite a few plot holes in the story that I felt like should have been dealt with, but it's a children's book. I think it can be forgiven. The imagery was really remarkable. It had such an interesting blend of different cultural influences in the world she created. The story was cute and beautiful. If you are looking for a book for a fantasy loving young girl, this would be a great recommendation. I am still, a bit lost on the character Gerk, who he is and what really is his relationship with Xan. It's ok, it's just a children's book. It doesn't all have to make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment